Tuesday, January 31, 2012

death defying!

Well, after a very stressful week of thinking I was dying, I found out I have a hemagioma. See definition below. So I went to the ER with stomach pains and the ER said they thought it was either Apendicitis or Kidney stones. After some tests they said itwas not either of those and sent me home, but right before I left they said there is a spot of some sort on your liver, tell your doctor about it and get it checked out. So I worried at first and went to the doctor right away, but she said, it could be anything from nothing to something serious so lets just wait and see what the radiologist says and we will get back to you. So after a couple days of not hearing anything I kind of started to relax a bit until Monday morning when a nurse called first thing and said I needed to go to Northside and get an MRI of my liver ASAP. I was disappointed that my doctor was not in so I could not ask the million questions going thru my mind, but she said that they were faxing over the order to northside and I needed to go there as soon as I could make an appointment. THAT made me really worried. I called my husband and booked the appointment for the next morning. In the past when I have needed an MRI or any other test I either picked up the doctors order or they mailed it then I made the appointment and the fact that they were faxing it and not allowing enough time for me to pick it up or for it to be mailed made me worry even more!

So all week after the MRI my mind was racing with all these thoughts and of course I researched the internet and decided I was dying. I started making a list of all the things I needed to do before I died and none of them involved like skydiving or trip around the world, they were all to get thigns in order for my kids and my husband. I went into a huge panic depression over maybe not seeing important events in my kids lives to maybe not evening seeing any of my kids hit double digits. And my poor husband, working his tail off at work to race home and figure out 3 kids, he would be so stressed all the time and all alone. So I was thinking of joining eharmony and finding him a new wife, or at least getting the process started. Maybe I should have just looked into mail order brides- something!

I had all these ideas of recordings I wanted to leave the kids and when was I going to have time for that in between treatments and actually spending time with them. I wanted to make sure I got caught up on their photobooks and keepsakes. I, at this time, am not dying and I am so thankful, more than ever because there is so much to do in such a short time. If I would have had liver cancer, they usually barely make it 6 months, and if you are lucky barely make it 5 years and that was just so overwhelming. The sad thing is, there are people out there who have to think about these things and my heart goes out to them and their families. I am so thankful that I dont have to do all of these things right now and can just spend time loving my kids and my husband and not taking them forgranted and pray for those who have this burden.

So after several days of all this huge stress, they call and say it is hemangioma- it is not cancerous! I was so excited. Beyond excited. THANK YOU GOD!

According to the Mayo Clinic is ---A liver hemangioma is made up of a tangle of blood vessels. Most cases of liver hemangioma are discovered during a test or procedure for some other condition. Most people who have a liver hemangioma never experience signs and symptoms and never need treatment.
So there you have it, NON CANCEROUS! Yeah. But of course they scare the crap out of you before you know this outcome and it is very stressful!

No comments: